Vast Improvement Of Document Compression Algo
Turns out spending my New Year’s Eve coding wasn’t such a bad idea after all. I am really excited to announce that the document compression algorithm is up to 90% better than the current version (v1.17). It was horrific on things like the basic Google search page which was coming in at a whooping 69kB. The new algo has got the same page under 7kB.
I decided to set up a test environment dedicated to the compression algorithm and it certainly has paid dividends! It also didn’t hurt that I spent last night re-reading some of my school algorithm textbooks and getting much more familiar with Chrome’s native debugging tools.
Please make sure you upgrade to v1.18 when it’s released later on this week.